The teacher exchange program is an opportunity that allows Ecuadorian educators to immerse themselves in an educational experience in the United States. This program focuses on promoting cultural exchange and mutual enrichment between teachers from Ecuador and American school communities.
- Age 25 or older – No age limit.
- Have the motivation to live and work for at least 3 years in a school in the United States.
- Have a B2 level of English.
- Have at least two years of full-time teaching experience.
- Be currently employed.
- Be motivated to have an intercultural education experience.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in education or a related academic field.
- Have professional teaching experience for more than two years.
* In case of not working as a teacher in your home country at the time of application, you must have at least two years of full-time teaching experience in the last eight years and be pursuing a degree (fourth level) in education or a related academic field.
- Meet the state teaching eligibility requirements (in the U.S.) where you will teach.
- Provide required criminal background checks.
- Have a good reputation and character.
- Be proactive.